Friday, August 30, 2013

Question

        If you could actually erase the worst incident from your past, would you?  Would you chose to lose all the lessons that have been taught, and the intimate moments you have had with your Heavenly Father, would you do it? 
       Or, would you chose to weather the storm?  Could you forgo comfort on this earth, and instead praise God for the fact that He has taught you, and brought you close to Him?  Can you chose to accept His love for you, and trust that He will always have your best interest at heart?
 
       I have chosen to love God, but when He posed this question to me, I wanted to actually think about it, before I answered.  In the end I chose to believe that what has happened to me will work out for the good (Romans 8:28).  I would never want to lose the lessons that I have been taught, and the beautiful, intimate moments that I have had with Jesus in my moments of overwhelming pain.  


               "These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace.  In the world you will have tribulation, but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world."   ~John 16:33



       God always has your best interest at heart.  He doesn't want us to suffer, but it is in our best interest that He doesn't take these trials away from us.  He will comfort and love us through it all, and it will make us stronger.  We become more like Him each time we go through a storm.  It may be painful, but don't wish that it would go away, that just steals your joy from today.

       Go ahead and cry.  Break down at Jesus's feet, and tell Him how much you hurt.  Tell Him that you are angry about what happened, or that you can't see how you are going to get past this.  The feet of Jesus is the best place to be in these times, but then allow Him to help you move forward.  Allow Him to heal you, and teach you all the good that can come.  Then be willing to experience bad days.  You aren't superman, and that's okay.  Jesus loves you anyway.
       So what do you chose?

      
      
      

No comments:

Post a Comment